Privacy Notice for the Zomedica Website
Last modified November 21, 2017
Welcome to the Zomedica Website, which includes zomedica.com and any other Internet properties owned or controlled by the Company (collectively, our “Website”)
1. INTRODUCTION AND APPLICATION OF THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Zomedica Pharmaceuticals Corp. (the “Company,” “us,” or “we”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this Privacy Notice (this “Privacy Notice,” or this “Notice”).
This Notice describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the Website, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In e-mail and other electronic messages between you and this Website, including content you upload to our Website through interactive features and/or provide directly to our staff members via telephone (e.g., blogs, message boards, and comment sections) or our business partners, such as NASDAQ.
- When you interact with any of our advertising or applications on third-party websites and services, if those advertising or applications include links to this Website.
This Notice does not apply to information collected by
- Us offline or through any other means (except via telephone in connection with blog stories you submit as noted above), including on any other website operated by third parties; or
- Third parties by any means, including through any application, content, or advertising that may link to or be accessible from the Website.
2. CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 13
The Website is not intended or designed to attract children under the age of 13. We do not collect personally identifiable information from any person we actually know or suspect is a child under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not use or provide any information on the Website or on or through any of its features, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or username you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 13, please contact us by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com or by writing to us at the address provided below.
By using the Website, you represent and warrant that you meet all of the foregoing eligibility requirements. If you do not meet all of these requirements, you must not access or use the Website.
3. INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as first name, last name, e-mail address, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“Personal Information”);
- That is about you or your actions on the Website but individually does not identify you, such as how you arrived at the Website; and
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect such information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us;
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies which are discussed below in more detail in Section 5.; and
- From third parties, for example, our business partners, such as NASDAQ (see below for more details).
4. INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time you subscribe to our email alerts or request further information about our company, as well as when you visit the Investors portal on the Website. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to any surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- Any content you upload or post to our Website through interactive features, including any personal information provided when submitting such content, including content you provide directly to our staff members via telephone in connection with our blog, or to our business partners, such as NASDAQ..
5. INFORMATION WE COLLECT TROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include Personal Information such as name, address, phone number, email, or other types of information that would identify you personally. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
The technologies we use for such automatic data collection may include:
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings that are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company or our business partners, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about the practices of such third party, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
A NOTE ABOUT NASDAQ AND THE INVESTORS PORTAL. Our business partner, NASDAQ, maintains and operates the “Investor Relations” portal on the Website (“IR Portal”). You can navigate to the IR Portal from the home page of the Website by clicking on the “Investors” link. Please be aware that when you navigate to the IR Portal, although the browser may look and feel like the Website, you will have actually left our Website and entered a domain hosted, managed, and maintained by NASDAQ. NASDAQ performs such hosting, management and maintenance on our behalf in furtherance of the services we provide to you. As such, NASDAQ may only process your anonymous information and Personal Information in accordance with our instructions. Still, you should be aware that NASDAQ may see and use such information when you visit the IR Portal. Your use of the Website or the IR Portal constitutes your express consent to such use and processing.
7. ADVERTISEMENTS AND OPTING OUT
We support the right of our visitors to choose. We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created the following mechanisms to provide you with the control over your information:
Research and Analytics.
- Google Analytics. We use Google Analytics to better understand how visitors interact with the Website. This service provides Anonymous Information including but not limited to data on where visitors came from, what actions they took on the Website, and where visitors went when they left the Website. We use this information to improve your experience when visiting the Website. To learn more about this service and how to opt out of data collection by Google Analytics, you can reference Google’s online information regarding privacy and Google Analytics. From time to time, we may also work with other business partners to conduct research surveys in order to improve the user experience on the Website. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of these business partners to learn about their data practices.
- HubSpot. In addition to Google Analytics, the Website utilizes functionalities provided by HubSpot, Inc. (“HubSpot”). HubSpot provides a range of website optimization services and usage analytics, including the facilitation of web forms through which users may sign up for e-mail alerts and to subscribe to our newsletter, as well as storage of personal data collected from such forms.
8. HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, including blog stories and related posts.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
9. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide as described in this Privacy Notice:
- To our affiliates, including our parent company.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. As noted above, your anonymous information and any Personal Information you supply to the IR Portal will be used and processed by NASDAQ.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information held by the Company about our Website’s users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others.
10. CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Tracking Technologies. See Section 7 above for information on how to opt out of tracking technologies.
- Communications from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address and contact information used by the Company to communicate with you about our activities and services, you may send us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may forward us such email to email@example.com asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of NAI at NAI’s website, referenced in Section 7 above.
11. EXTERNAL LINKS
We may provide links to various websites that we do not control. When you click on one of these links, you will be transferred out of our Website and connected to the website of the organization that you selected.
We are not responsible for the nature, quality or accuracy of the content or opinions expressed on such websites, and such websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for quality, accuracy or completeness by us.
Inclusion of any linked website on our Website does not imply or express an approval or endorsement of the linked website by us, or of any of the content, opinions, products or services provided on these websites, including with respect to NASDAQ. Even if an affiliation exists between our Website and a third-party website, we exercise no control over linked sites (except for the limited control mentioned above with respect to NASDAQ and its processing of information collected through the IR Portal).
12. ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may also send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
13. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code § 1798.83, residents of the State of California that have provided any personally identifiable information to us have the right to request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed personally identifiable information during the preceding year for direct marketing purposes.
Alternatively, the law provides that if we have a privacy notice that gives either an opt-out or opt-in choice for use of personally identifiable information by third parties (such as advertisers or affiliated companies) for marketing purposes, we may instead provide you with information on how to exercise your disclosure choice options. In compliance with the second alternative, we have established this Website Privacy Notice that provides you with details on how you may either opt out or opt-in to the use of your personally identifiable information by third parties for direct marketing purposes.
Additionally, CalOPPA requires us to disclose how we respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users. At this time, we do not currently respond to “do-not-track” requests from our users’ browsers.
14. DATA SECURITY
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any, administrative pages will be encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of Personal Information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
15. CHANGES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
It is our policy to post any changes we make to our Privacy Notice on this page with a notice that the Privacy Notice has been updated on the Website home page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the Website’s home page. The date the Privacy Notice was last revised appears at the beginning of this Notice. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for visiting our Website and this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.
16. CONTACT INFORMATION
To ask questions or comment about this Privacy Notice and our privacy practices, contact us at email@example.com.
© 2016-2017, Zomedica Pharmaceuticals Corp.